G.A.M.E
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox Playstation PC

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Profile

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
FEDERALxRESERVE

The Profile Empty
PostSubject: The Profile   The Profile EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 6:30 am

For the Profile: The first thing that comes to mind is the infamous 3 red lights with an E74 message. My xbox malfunctioned in this manner and so has almost every one of my friends both personal and online. This is a problem that xbox and MS has known about for almost 4 years. As far as I know there isn't a single model that can boast immunity to this problem. Not only is it an ongoing problem, MS actually has the balls to charge the customer for it if a) It happens after your initial warranty has expired, or b) if you have already had the "repair" done. The price for the repair is $100. This is HALF the price of a brand new unit and more than likely enough money to build 2 or three of these units. The fact that we are forced to pay extra for thier ddesign flaw is bordering on criminal business practice.
The second malfunction is the repeated scratching and breaking of game disks. Very recently my copy of COD3 developed a hair line fracture beginning in the center of the disk and it spread into the data rendering my disk unreadable. Not only is this ame one of my favorite, this is the second copy i have had in 6 mo time because of THIS EXACT SAME PROBLEM! Not only that, but there is a whole layer of the middle of the disk chopped away on both my COD3 and my Oblivion. The chippin also happened on my copy of RidgeRacer6. When I called xbox they told me that I needed to call the game publisher. Well, if you have ever read the back of a game manual it says right there that all issues regarding replacing merchandise must be taken up with the retailer. So what xbox tried to do was send me on the classic runaround, but i wasn't having any of that BS from MS. I calmly informed the xbox rep that the games did not destroy themselvels, that the console destroyed them, therefore the game publisher has nothin to do with it, that xbox is fully responsible. Then I was told that my options were either send the xbox in for a $100 for a repair that will only succeed in taking up a month or so of my non-refundable "subscription" and paddin thier profit margin. No thank you. The fact that they would even try to blame the ame publisher shows a blatant attemp to ignore rather than fix a legitimate problem that a great majority of xbox players experience. Let me know what your experiences have been like. We need The Profile to be HUGE.
Back to top Go down
oggaduhbah

oggaduhbah

The Profile Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Profile   The Profile EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 2:25 pm

I had something similar happen to my xboxs. The first one I had did this "cannot read disk" error. So I sent it in for repair. They sent me a nice new one, that the very first day, literally burned my games. Big huge circles were etched into my disks. So I call xbox, and they said it was my fault for tinkering with the laser. I must admit, I don't know anything about gaming systems, CD drives, or lasers, but i sure do know that I plugged in my xbox, stuck in a game, heard an awful noise, so got the game out and there were rings, sort of like tree rings but more spaced out, all over my game! When I tried to get it fixed they told me it would be $99 because I had already had another console fixed. I think it's really dumb that a product can break in ONE day, and they don't care.
Back to top Go down
GEE 04

GEE 04

The Profile Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Profile   The Profile EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 12:21 am

oggaduhbah wrote:
I had something similar happen to my xboxs. The first one I had did this "cannot read disk" error. So I sent it in for repair. They sent me a nice new one, that the very first day, literally burned my games. Big huge circles were etched into my disks. So I call xbox, and they said it was my fault for tinkering with the laser. I must admit, I don't know anything about gaming systems, CD drives, or lasers, but i sure do know that I plugged in my xbox, stuck in a game, heard an awful noise, so got the game out and there were rings, sort of like tree rings but more spaced out, all over my game! When I tried to get it fixed they told me it would be $99 because I had already had another console fixed. I think it's really dumb that a product can break in ONE day, and they don't care.

oggaduhbah,

How do you have your xbox set up? (vertical or horizontal) I had one of my games scratched in the same manner. I called xbox cus service they said it was my fault that I must of bumped the xbox while the game was spinning. I didn't.
Turns out i had a bad dvd drive. M$ used shit drives in there initial 360s.
Back to top Go down
oggaduhbah

oggaduhbah

The Profile Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Profile   The Profile EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 2:06 am

It was vertical, like, where the disk drive was the normal way it would be as if it were a DVD player. That's what they said to me too. But I know I didn't bump it or anything, because I had put the disk in the walked away to let it load. I later found out that something was wrong with the drive it's self. And they refused to do anything about it and pretty much called me a liar.
Back to top Go down
GEE 04

GEE 04

The Profile Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Profile   The Profile EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 12:45 pm

oggaduhbah wrote:
It was vertical, like, where the disk drive was the normal way it would be as if it were a DVD player. That's what they said to me too. But I know I didn't bump it or anything, because I had put the disk in the walked away to let it load. I later found out that something was wrong with the drive it's self. And they refused to do anything about it and pretty much called me a liar.

They pretty much told me the same thing. Luckily I was within the warranty.
What did you do? Pay for it to get fixed?
Back to top Go down
oggaduhbah

oggaduhbah

The Profile Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Profile   The Profile EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 2:59 pm

Yeah I payed the $99 to get it fixed, because it was my second repair. But now the xbox I have now is doing the stupid Cannot Read Disk crap again. So once this one dies I am going to the PS3.
Back to top Go down
GEE 04

GEE 04

The Profile Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Profile   The Profile EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 3:37 pm

oggaduhbah wrote:
Yeah I payed the $99 to get it fixed, because it was my second repair. But now the xbox I have now is doing the stupid Cannot Read Disk crap again. So once this one dies I am going to the PS3.

oggaduhbah,

That sucks In feel your pain. Whenever my crapbox acts up I just tell them its the 3 flashing red lights (Micro$oft talk for RROD) or the e74 error. They both deal with the heat issue with the GPU. Witch is covered by a 3 year warranty (from original date of purchase). They usually ask no questions ask sent a email to print out a shipping label An off it goes to Texas for (repair). I've never gotten the same 360 back they always sent another one instead. total time from call to getting your Xbox back is two-three weeks recently (took long longer the first 2xs i sent mine back).

IMO this whole thing is totally unacceptable. You pay 2-4 hundred dollars (depending on when you bought it an what 360 you purchased).
You expect it to work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Profile Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Profile   The Profile Empty

Back to top Go down

The Profile
Page 1 of 1