Xbox Playstation PC

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Suspended for saying she was a lesbian on her profile

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bitterswe3tlife

PostSubject: Suspended for saying she was a lesbian on her profile   Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:55 am

Identifying Yourself As A Lesbian Gets You Banned On XBOX Live
By Meg Marco on February 25, 2009 4:53 PM 204532 views Teresa says that she was harassed by other players and later suspended from XBOX Live because she identified herself as a lesbian in her profile. When she appealed to Microsoft, she says they told her that other gamers found her sexual orientation "offensive."

Teresa says:

“I just recently saw a thing on your site about someones gamer tag being banned because it had the word gay in the tag.

I had a similar incident, only my account was suspended because I had said in my profile that I was a lesbian. I was harassed by several players, 'chased' to different maps/games to get away from their harassment. They followed me into the games and told all the other players to turn me in because they didn't want to see that crap or their kids to see that crap.

As if xbox live is really appropriate for kids anyways! My account was suspended and xbox live did nothing to solve this, but instead said others found it offensive.

Today I received a message from another gamer calling me a fag. I am a lesbian, so they aren't too smart if they cant get their anti-gay slurs right.

Microsoft does nothing to stop this or prevent it, but instead sides with the homophobes. No one will help me get the word out about Microsoft's anti-gay policy. Not even the HRC who says Microsoft has a positive image with them. Not to me it doesn't!

”We've heard of gamers being suspended for identifying themselves as gay in their GamerTag, and even one case of a guy whose name was actually "Richard Gaywood" but his tag was suspended anyway because apparently the word "gay" is so offensive that it doesn't matter if its actually your name.

As far as we know, Microsoft is unwilling to reconsider this position.

i read this article and was just disgusted... im str8 but i believe whatever makes you happy you should be able to do but omg...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gdwtfmfsob
Haulass

PostSubject: Re: Suspended for saying she was a lesbian on her profile   Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:09 am

I found this link on an official xbox website,they are promoting this website,but yet you cant put the word lovely lady in your motto.Check out the website, look at the pic of the naked lady holding the xbox logo. Question
Back to top Go down
Bitterswe3tlife

PostSubject: Re: Suspended for saying she was a lesbian on her profile   Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:43 am

Wowzers.... I can't believe they would support a sign that has a nakkid girl with the logo the defines what a lovely lady is right below it. Tisk tisk I'm offended smh and they want everything rated e for everyone.

PostSubject: Re: Suspended for saying she was a lesbian on her profile   Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:24 pm

Next time you get a minute, go onto the xbox live forums,under account and suspensions, look for the one that says "BIG GAY MAN", this poor guy is saying he is gay, not in a bad way, just that he is gay, they banned his gamertag, they wont even give him an answer as to when or if they will even talk about it, i think they are afraid.I think we should all send him a message supporting him. and wish him luck, cause he will probably lose against xbox live.
Back to top Go down
oggaduhbah

PostSubject: Re: Suspended for saying she was a lesbian on her profile   Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:06 am

Xbox live actually is going through or just went through a HUGE lawsuit about gays not being able to express their sexuality freely on xbox live. You should send a message to the person and let them know. http://www.xbox.com/en-US/press/2010/0305-whittencodeofcoduct.htm
That link is on their own site saying that it is okay to say you are gay. I think that person could have a strong case.
Back to top Go down
Bitterswe3tlife

PostSubject: Re: Suspended for saying she was a lesbian on her profile   Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:09 pm

I hope they sue their pants off and take all their money.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

PostSubject: Re: Suspended for saying she was a lesbian on her profile   

Back to top Go down

Suspended for saying she was a lesbian on her profile
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
G.A.M.E :: Xbox 360 :: Suspensions-
Jump to: